Durham VA Medical Center

Rural Health

If you are unable to attend one of our Health Education and Enrollment events, we will be glad to send you an enrollment packet which includes the Application for Health Benefits 10-10EZ and a self-addressed envelope to mail back to the VA with a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty DD Form 214 (DD214). 

receive local VA health care services from the Durham VA Medical Center, please contact Patricia Pridgen in the Rural Health Initiative Office toll-free at (888) 878-6890, extension 3255 or (919) 286-0411 extension 3255. Veterans, Service members, and family members can learn about VA benefits at www.va.gov/myVA.

Nurse Educator from the Rural Health team stands in front of a display

Lost your DD-214, Discharge paperwork? Don’t worry; you can obtain a copy for free at the National Archives website. Visit it today and request a copy to help you get the VA benefits your deserve: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/.

The latest health care overview book is available here: http://www4.va.gov/healtheligibility/Library/pubs/HealthCareOverview/

To view the latest VA Office of Rural Health Fact Sheet, click here!