Durham VA Health Care System
New Beneficiary Travel Self-Service System
October 22, 2020
We heard your questions and statements about Beneficiary Travel. In fact, Beneficiary Travel was one of the top subjects throughout 2019 and the majority of 2020. Therefore, we are proud to announce that on October 5, 2020, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) unveiled the Beneficiary Travel Self-Service System (BTSSS). This new system replaces the previous Beneficiary Travel claim process. The goal is to make it easier and safer for Veterans to file their beneficiary travel claims.
The new BTSSS gives Veterans:
- The ability to submit online 24/7, 365 days a year
- The ability to track the status of your claim
- The ability to reduce processing time for claims
- The ability to use self-help tools to make claims submissions fast and easy
The new BTSSS gives Veterans greater peace of mind and ease of submitting travel reimbursement claims. Veterans and Caregivers can submit claims and supporting documentation for reimbursement of costs incurred from use of a:
- Privately-owned vehicle (POV),
- Pre-approved meals and/or lodging,
- Travel related expenses such as tolls, parking, and luggage.
A DS Logon (username and password) is required to access the new BTSSS. If you need to acquire a DS Logon please go here.
November 20, 2020 will be the last day kiosks can be used to process travel claims.
If you have questions, please contact the Veterans Service Center at 919-286-0411 ext. 17-6236.