Durham VA Health Care System
Request Your Medical Records
Our Release of Information (ROI) staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We also assist providers with completing forms for patients.
We can assist you with the following —
- access to your medical records
- obtaining copies of your medical records
- requests to amend your medical records
- completion of forms for benefits, insurance, and other reasons
- The Release of Information Staff is expert in our patients' rights and their medical records.
- The Release of Information Office is located in the Main Hospital Building, First Floor, Room F1102.
How to Request Information
To request a medical record, please one of the forms listed in the column to the right, complete the requested information, sign the form, and mail it to the following address —
Durham VA Health Care System - Medical Center
Medical Adminstration Office
Release of Information (ROI)
508 Fulton Street
Durham, NC 27705
Phone: (919) 286-0411 Ext. 176200
Toll-Free 1-888-878-6890 Ext. 176200
FAX: (919) 416-8053
Because forms must contain an original signature, e-mailed forms cannot be accepted.
Requests for records will take approximately 10-14 days to process.
There is no cost to send copies directly to another health care provider. If copies are for a patient's personal use, photocopying fees may be assessed.