Durham VA Health Care System
UNC Dental Residents
Congratulations on your new appointment as a dental resident at the Durham VA Health Care System. We are excited to have you on the team. We hope your time with us is both exciting and motivating. Below you will find links to the paperwork required for UNC Dental Residents. Complete, print out, sign and turn in all paperwork together to your points of contact identified below. Again, congratulations and welcome to the team.
Items listed below must be received by the following Dental Points of Contact (POC) at the Durham VAHCS NLT April 12, 2019:
Durham VA Medical Center
Dental Service (160)
Attn: Sarah Williams
508 Fulton Street
Durham, North Carolina 27705
(Please download each document to your computer in order to edit and input your information.)
Welcome Letter (For your records)
Am I Eligible - Download this checklist to be sure you meet all eligibility requirements to train at VA facilities.
Appointment Letter (Review, sign bottom and return this document to your DVAHCS POC)
VA Form 10-2850D Application for Health Professions Trainee Dated Nov 2011
(Provide FIRST, FULL MIDDLE, & LAST NAME). If you don’t have a middle name, indicate “No Middle Name”. If you have only initials in your name, provide them and indicate “Initial only”.
(Please provide your complete name & SSN at top of Pages 2-4. Sign pages 3 & 4. Return this document to your DVAHCS POC)
Form (OF) 306, Declaration for Federal Employment - Revised October 2011
(Provide (FIRST, FULL MIDDLE, & LAST NAME). If you don’t have a middle name, indicate “No Middle Name”. If you have only initials in your name, provide them and indicate “Initial only”.
(Sign page 3. Return this document to your DVAHCS POC)
Selective Service System:
- Male trainees are required to visit https://www.sss.govto register, print proof of registration or, if not registered, apply for a status information letter (SIL). The SIL denotes one’s requirement for registration, and, if applicable, exemption from the registration requirement. (Provide a copy of this documentation to your DVAHCS POC)
- Federal law requires that most males living in the US between the ages of 18 and 26 register with the Selective Service System. This includes individuals who are US citizens, non-US citizens and dual nationals, regardless of their immigration status. Male for this purpose is defined as those individuals born male on their birth certificate regardless of current gender. Only male, non-US citizens on a student or visitor visa are exempt from registration.
- Complete a request form for a status information letter at the govwebsite. You will have to describe, in detail, the circumstances you believe prevented you from registering and provide copies of documents showing any periods when you were hospitalized, institutionalized, or incarcerated occurring between your 18th and 26th birthdays. If you are a non-citizen, you may be required to provide documents that show when you entered the United States. Please include your name, social security number, date of birth, and return address.
- Males required to register, but who fail to do so by their 26th birthday, are barred from any position in any Executive Agency.
- For Men Born After 1960: A status information letter from the Selective Service System states the facts: Whether or not the man is registered; whether or not the man should have registered or if he is exempt.
- If you did not register with Selective Service and are now a man 26 years old or older, you may be ineligible for certain federal or state programs and benefits, including U.S. citizenship. Some agencies may ask you to provide an official response from the Selective Service indicating if you were or were not required to register.
Determination & Certification of English Language Proficiency (Fill in your information. Return this document to your DVAHCS POC)
Random Drug Testing Notification and Acknowledgement (Fill in your information and return this document to your DVAHCS POC)
Fingerprint Prep Sheet (Complete all boxes and return to your DVAHCS POC)
Courtesy Fingerprinting: If you have a nearby VA, you can begin the fingerprint clearance process prior to arriving in Durham (Present the DVAMC Appointment letter and the Courtesy fingerprints document to your Local VA Facility. Locations for courtesy fingerprints can be found at: https://www.oit.va.gov/programs/piv/locations.cfm Advise your DVAHCS POC when courtesy prints were taken.
VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees (MTT): must be completed prior to submitting paperwork on April 12, 2019 Go to TMS website-Self register and complete MTT. You need the following information to complete self-registration:
VA Location: DUR
DVAHCS POC: Sarah Williams
DVAHCS POC email: Sarah.Williams4@va.gov
DVAHCS POC telephone #: 9192860411 ext 177017
Provide your POC a copy of your course completion to your DVAHCS POC
NON-US Citizen Request Memo (If applicable) (Only to be completed by non-US Citizens. Fill in highlighted blocks through item 3 and turn in to your DVAHCS POC. Include a copy of VISA and passport)
Personal Identity Verification (PIV) (Submit a copy of your social security card and driver's license, state ID or VISA to your DVAHCS POC NLT April 12, 2019.)
Please notify POC of any changes to Driver’s License, State ID or VISA prior to orientation.
Lost, Stolen, Destroyed, or Damaged PIV Badge (If previously issued a PIV badge that has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, please fill out the PIV Memo through your signature line. Return document your DVAHCS POC)
Current PIV badge holders (If you have a PIV badge from another VA facility, please advise your DVAHCS POC)
NPI Number (Print Page with NPI Number. Send page to your DVAHCS POC)
Identification (Bring two original/current ID’s from the List of Acceptable Forms of ID to your DVAMC orientation/appointment. School ID will not suffice.)
Standard Form 61 Appointment Affidavits Revised August 2002
Do not sign or get notarized, fill in top portion using Health Professions trainee as the Position in which appointed; Department: VA; Bureau or division: VHA; Place of Employment: DVAHCS.