Women Veterans Comprehensive Health Center
Mission: Promote the health, welfare and dignity of women veterans, and their families, by ensuring equitable access to timely, sensitive, quality health care.
About the Program
The Durham VAMC Women Veterans Comprehensive Health Center targets programs and treatments to meet the specific needs of women veterans.
Women who have served their country in the Armed Forces are eligible for a variety of veteran’s benefits and services. Eligibility information is available through VBA @ 1-800-827-1000, on the web at www.va.gov or by calling Eligibility at the Durham VAMC.
Please contact Joan Galbraith, Program Manager, for questions about services available in the Women’s Health program.
For appointments in the Women’s Health clinic, please call 1-919-416-8091.
- Comprehensive Primary Care
- Breast Health and Mammograms
- Family Planning and Birth Control
- Maternity Care
- Infertility Evaluation
- Mid-life and Menopause Issues
- Evaluation and treatment of Osteoporosis
- Wellness and Healthy Living: Nutrition and Weight Management,
- Smoking Cessation
- Cancer screenings
- Gynecological Care
Mental Health Services
- Management of Depression, Anxiety, Stress
- Return and Adjustment from Deployment
- Military Sexual Trauma Counseling
- Treatment for Substance Use
- Family and Parenting Issues
- Counseling for Interpersonal Violence
- Job and Career Counseling
- Counseling and Medication/Treatment for Mental Health Conditions
- Services for Homelessness
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Opportunities
- Compensated Work Therapy
- MOVE! Managing Obesity in Veterans Everywhere
Women’s Health Clinic - Primary Point of Contact:
Joan Galbraith, MSN, RN, NP
Women Veterans Program Manager
(919) 286-0411 Ext. 5229 or Toll-Free 1-888-878-6890 Ext. 5229